August 29, 2016
When you remodel or renovate your kitchen, sink and faucets are the trickiest fixtures to purchase. It is primarily due to the overwhelming choices available in these kitchen staples and distinctive features embedded in their designing. It is quite usual to get carried away by this multiplicity of options but you must catch your breath and choose the right sink and faucet. Here is a guide to help you in making a sound selection of these products.
Number of Bowls in A sink:
Multiple bowl sinks are gaining popularity among most of the homemakers. These double or triple bowl sinks allows easy functionality in your kitchen with separate spaces for preparations and clean-ups. In this regard, there are certain points that you must consider.
- If your kitchen has space constraints, choose a single-bowl sink.
- If you are remodeling your kitchen, multiple bowl sinks can save extra costs of plumbing and installation.
- If your kitchen is frequently used by two persons, double-bowl sinks are the best choice for you.
- If you maintain a kosher kitchen with separate preparation of meats and dairy products, double or multiple bowl sinks can be more convenient.
Material of Kitchen Sink:
It is quite important to choose a durable material that allows easy mounting and usage. In this context, stainless steel sinks with under-mount capability are the most preferred option for homeowners. It also allows easy cleanup and maintenance as compared to other options like composite surfaces and enamel-coated cast iron sinks.
Size of the Kitchen Sink:
If you are renovating your kitchen with the same countertop, consider its size precisely before choosing the sink. If you are remodeling the entire structure, choose an appropriate size that accommodates your cooking space and fits in the sink mount. Ideally, choose the depth of sink between 8-10 inches depending on your individual stacking requirements.
Additional Features of Kitchen Sink:
While selecting a sink for your kitchen, you can make the most of your purchase by choosing a product with additional features like efficient water drainage, resistance to corrosion, sound absorbing technology, number of holes in the bowl, soap dispenser, etc.
Choose Faucets That Properly Work With Your Sink:
When it comes to choosing a faucet for kitchen sink, most of the experts recommend a functional design. The faucet should use ceramic disk valves; have a single-lever design, and a solid material to resist abrasion. You should rely more on the durability and functionality of faucets because they are the most used fixture in your kitchen.
These are some important considerations that will enrich your shopping experience for kitchen sinks and faucets.
Please follow and like this blog:
- What is Chromatherapy? October 16, 2018
- How to Clean a Shower Head September 25, 2018
- 10 Faucet Finish Options: Which Faucet Finish is Right for Your Home? September 13, 2018
- Turning your bathroom into a luxury retreat: ANZZI Echo Series October 31, 2017
- Master kitchen of your dreams with the ANZZI Moore Series K-AZ3218-2B October 24, 2017