Cleaning Glass Shower Doors
Cleaning Glass Shower Doors: How to Keep Your Glass Shower Doors Sparkly Clean
One of the many benefits of glass shower doors is the light and airy feel they give a bathroom. Keeping your glass shower doors spotless and clean will enhance that fresh modern feel and keep them looking as new as the day they were installed.
Here are a few tips and tricks to make your frameless shower doors brilliantly sparkle:
Using a squeegee at the end of every shower is one of the simplest ways to keep your frameless glass shower doors looking crystal clear. Taking a moment to wipe away the remaining steam and water droplets after you shower will help prevent soap scum buildup making the week-by-week cleaning that much easier.
Ensure Proper Ventilation By design, modern shower enclosures, such as Anzzi glass shower doors, have fewer places for mold to grow in comparison to traditional shower enclosures which makes them relatively easy to keep clean. However, any poorly ventilated shower is an inviting environment for mold as with anything that’s exposed to moisture. To reduce the risk of mold, leave your glass shower door open after you shower to help vent out any remaining steam. Consider opening a window during or after showering as well to help increase the airflow in your bathroom.
Use Cleaning Products
Scrub your glass shower doors with a cleaning solution on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. There are both chemical solutions and natural options available to use as effective cleaning products for your Anzzi shower doors. You can buy a commercial cleaning solution or create your own homemade, eco-friendly solution using household products like baking soda and distilled white vinegar.
Once you’ve decided which cleaning product you prefer to use, follow these steps to make sure you get the most out of your glass shower door cleaning product of choice.
1. Run hot water in the shower before cleaning the glass doors. The heat and steam that accumulates will help loosen up some of the soap scum and make it easier to remove.
2. Spray the cleaning solution on the doors and wait 10-20 minutes. Sit back and let the cleaning product work its magic, allowing it to do some of the work for you.
3. Scrub the shower doors with solution. Scrubbing with a non-scratch sponge will help eliminate the most stubborn areas of mineral buildup. You may need to invest in a scraper if the sponge doesn’t quite get the job done.
4. Rinse the frameless shower doors with water. Remove any remaining cleaning solution from the glass doors to prevent streaking or fogging.
5. Dry the glass shower doors. Using a squeegee, wipe away any remaining water until the glass doors are completely dry.
In between cleanings, use a Magic Eraser to buff away any buildup. You can also spray your shower doors with a rain-repellent weekly to prevent water spots from forming.
Following these simple steps will help maintain the modern elegance of your frameless glass shower doors for years to come, enhancing your overall showering experience.