Small Bathroom Sinks And Vanities
Small bathrooms may seem like a difficult design task to take on; however, these spaces may introduce a clever design challenge to add to your plate. Creating a functional and storage-friendly bathroom may be just what your home needs.
Every design element in a small bathroom should have a purpose and be functional in some way or another to create a space-saving sanctuary. Before you dive in, if you are looking for space-saving furniture ideas, be sure to check out our top products for small bathrooms.
Small bathroom ideas
1. Add Storage
Instead of stuffing them in large cabinets, showcase your colorful, textured towels in open shelving. This will add warmth and playful colors to your space and eliminate unwanted large furniture pieces. Other ideas:
- Stack floating shelves to add storage in a fashionable way.
- Colorful storage ladders showcase personality and are a great place to store containers.
- Sink skirts add flair and hide cleaning products.
- Wooden crates can be stacked, drilled into the wall or placed on the ground for accessible storage.
2. Be Functional
Functionality is key for a small bathroom. Small rooms can easily lead to unwanted clutter, so make sure you’re adding only design elements that are functional. Don’t add knick-knacks or objects that don’t serve a purpose.
- Store cotton balls and swabs in glass jars on floating shelves.
- Install a hamper under the sink.
- Minimize counter space by storing (rather than displaying) personal products.
- Add stackable baskets underneath cabinets and above washer/dryer units.
3. Plan Your Palette
When it’s time to paint, make sure you have planned your color palette. Keep in mind that painting a wall an accent color takes time. Use neutral colors to make your bathroom feel calm and aesthetically pleasing.
- Create a neutral color palette to form the base theme of your bathroom.
- Utilize textures and patterns in neutral tones to add creativity and depth.
- Remember that the color white is associated with cleanliness.
4. Add Pops of Color
An alternative to painting is to add pops of color by showcasing colorful hand towels, bathroom tile, rugs or even robes to create your own ambiance and flair.
- Hang bold, vibrant towels or robes to add color and personality.
- Display stylish soap dishes and accessories for a designer touch.
- Paint your mirror frame an accent color.